Chillax Time With Sharon
If you think you have a busy life or have trouble sleeping, suffer from muscle tension, or just feel like you need some quiet time, then come along and join us for our relaxation and meditation classes.
Meditation allows us to enter a state of peace, calming and relaxing our body and mind. It lowers our stress levels, slows our heart rate and breathing, improves immune function, relieves anxiety and depression and aids in the healing process, and with pain relief.
Sessions are 1.5 hrs long and run over a 4 week period. Each week will focus on a different relaxation and meditation technique allowing participants the opportunity to discover the style that feels right for them.
The cost is $60 for the 4 sessions and are held here at the centre. Please contact us for any questions you may have, or to put your name down for a class.
The Feldenkrais Method
The Feldenkrais Method teaches movement, posture and breathing in order to improve a client’s self-awareness, decrease their pain or limitations in movement and promote optimal well-being.
During a Feldenkrais Method session, certain ‘holding patterns’ that cause pain or dysfunction will be identified, and the client will then learn new ways of moving and consequently of living. These holding may be caused by physical injury or by emotional or psychological issues.
The Feldenkrais Method uses gentle movement , specific touch, and directed attention in order to access the nervous system’s own innate processes to change and refine functioning. This allows increased ease and range of motion, improved flexibility, coordination, posture and a re-discovery of efficient, fluid movement.
Baby Massage Classes with Sandra
Sandra is a qualified Infant Massage Instructor that runs short classes for parents and carers of babies and infants.
Massaging infants has so many wonderful benefits and is such a positive way to bond with them. Below are some of the many benefits that this class can have for your family:
- Great for discomfort suffered from colic, reflux, respiratory, congestion and teething.
- Can enhance brain and nervous system development, muscle tone and general growth.
- Increases body awareness and their coordination and balance.
- Aids relaxation, and longer periods of deep sleep.
- Strengthens the immune system
- It has been shown that adults that regularly massage their infants experience improved mood and self esteem, decreased stress levels and fewer feelings of anxiousness and depression.
- Can be a wonderful way for siblings to bond with their new little brother or sister.